For all the coffee addicts out there who just can’t start their day without a cup of coffee know the importance of how a coffee cup can kick start their day or perk up their mood. Coffee has always been a go to beverage for everyone to revitalize and energize one’s mood, but what if I tell you coffee can do the same for your skin and maybe much more? Read on.
Summer season is about to end and has left all of us with a horrible tan. Well, patchy skin, uneven texture, dullness, burns and acne are some of the well known side effects of this season. So just pick up that jar of coffee from your kitchen shelf and make it a permanent in your skincare routine and here are some reasons why you should do this soon!
Benefits of Coffee:
- Coffee is rich in antioxidants that safeguard our skin from free radicals.
- The antioxidants also protect our skin from Ultraviolet (UV) rays and reduces aging effects caused due to sun exposure.
- Caffeine stimulates blood flow which helps in tightening of the skin naturally.
- It prevents loss of moisture and minimizes fine lines.
- Helps in removing sun-tan, acne, spots and pigmentation; making the skin bright and spotless.
- Most importantly it helps in reducing the appearance of cellulite on the skin.
Now that we know how essential coffee can be for the skin, let me show you how to make your very own homemade coffee scrub and face mask that will help in removing tan, energizing your skin making it brighter, glowing and even-toned. This scrub and mask have all the natural ingredients so you can use it regularly and it won’t damage your skin also, it is safe for all skin types.
P.S.- Wash your face with a cleanser, after that apply the scrub first and then the face mask. Also if you feel that you might be allergic to coffee or lemon do a quick patch test first on a small section of your face.
THE COFFEE SCRUB:
You will need:
- 2 tablespoon coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
How to apply:
- Put all the ingredients in a glass bowl and mix well.
- You may add a little coconut oil to the mixture if it has a thick consistency.
- Apply this mixture on your face and neck and scrub it gently in circular motions.
- Scrub the mixture on your face and neck for about 2-3 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a wet towel.
Use: You can store this mixture in a glass container for 2-3 weeks and use it 2 times a week.
- Coffee gently exfoliates the skin while removing dead skin and layer of tanning.
- Coconut oil helps in providing moisture and nourishment to the skin.
- Helps in brightening the skin and keeps the skin smooth and glowing.
THE COFFEE FACE MASK:
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon multani mitti (fuller’s earth)
- 1-2 tablespoon raw milk
- 2-3 drops of lemon (optional)
How to apply:
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Apply the mixture on your face and neck using a face pack brush or your hands (make sure they are clean) if you don’t have one.
- Leave it on for about 10-15 mins or until it dries off.
- Wash it off completely with lukewarm water.
Use: You can mix equal amounts of coffee and multani mitti in a container and store it for future use but do not mix any liquid ingredient if you wish to store it. You can apply this mask 2 times a week after using the coffee scrub.
- Multani mitti cleanses and purifies skin against dirt and impurities.
- It also controls oil and helps in curing acne and removing tanning.
- Milk hydrates and soothes the skin from scrubbing and gives a natural glow to the face.
- Lemon is enriched with Vitamin C and is a natural bleaching agent which helps in removing tan quickly.
Do this skincare routine before going to bed and do apply your moisturizer or night cream after this; wake up with brighter and glowing skin. I hope you guys liked it and if you want me to share any other DIY do leave a comment below!