We all have suffered from Acne at-least once in our lives and if you haven’t, well you don’t realize how blessed you are! Anyways, the unlucky lot like me can agree when I say acne, pimples and the marks they leave behind are are so irritating and specially when they appear just a day before special occasions or important meetings. Acne can be caused due to clogged skin pores, excessive oil on the face, dirt, pollution, stress, hormonal changes, unhealthy eating habits or any infection. The reasons can be many but there is no denying that mere presence of acne can be so depressing that we resort to lock ourselves in room or hope no one sees us.
I have been suffering from severe acne ever since I could remember, well its because I had ill-treated my skin and also due to hormonal changes during those teen years. So, I have tried every remedy, medicine and grandma’s solutions to cure it. Well some of them worked well and the rest failed. But this DIY for acne is actually a life savior and I have never seen a home remedy work this fast.
A few days back I had 2 pimples on my chin and I tried using aloe vera gel and multani mitti but it seemed to get even bigger, so I looked up the internet and found this DIY remedy for acne which was quite popular and claimed to cure acne in just 3 days. I thought lets give this a try and see and thankfully I was not disappointed at all. It cured my acne in just 1 day! Yes I was pretty shook too. Well I only had 2-3 pimples so it got cured in a day but if you have more then it will take 2-3 days depending on your acne condition.
The DIY is a two step process; first is the toner and second is the face mask. The things you need for this are easily available at your home and it is quite easy to make this; just in case you don’t have one or two ingredients I will leave links to those products down below. Apply this two step remedy to your face for at-least 3 days in a row to see the result (if you have moderate to severe acne). So let’s see what is this DIY technique and how to do it properly!
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- 3 teaspoon drinking water (4-5 for sensitive skin)
- Mix the ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Apply the mixture on the face using a cotton ball or cotton pad.
- Leave it on for around 1-2 minutes.
- Wash your face with water and pat dry.
USE: You can store this mixture in a bottle and use it for 2-3 days. Apply this toner before applying the face mask for three days in a row to see results. You can also use this toner regularly even after completing this remedy routine if you have acne prone skin.
- ACV has the ability to fight pimple causing bacteria and viruses.
- Suppresses inflammation.
- Reduces acne scars and prevents further scarring.
- Dries out pimple by reducing pH.
The Face Mask
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder or less if you have sensitive skin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon honey (if you have a problem in using egg)
- Take the cinnamon powder in a glass bowl.
- Add 1 full egg to the powder if you have dry skin but if you have oily or combination skin use only the egg white.
- *You can use honey instead of the egg if you are vegetarian or have a problem in using the egg.*
- Mix both the ingredients well and apply the mixture on your face using a face pack brush or your hands (make sure they are clean).
- Leave it on for 45 minutes or an hour depending upon your skin type or acne problem.
- Wash it off with water or a damp washcloth and pat dry.
USE: Use this mask after using the toner for 3 days straight to see results. You can use it further if some of the acne is still left.
- Both Cinnamon and Honey are excellent source of antioxidants that help reduce acne and inflammation.
- Egg white helps with greasy skin and soaks up excess oil and dirt from the face.
- Egg also has an enzyme that kills acne causing bacteria.
- Some of the above mentioned ingredients can be harsh on sensitive skin so, do a quick patch test on a small section of your face before using it.
- After applying the cinnamon face mask you will experience a burning sensation but if it gets unbearable or causes excessive redness immediately wash off the mask with water and apply ice on your face.
- Wash your face with a cleanser before applying the toner and mask. I would recommend to do this routine before going to bed.
- After using the mask apply a generous amount of Aloe Vera gel on your face.
Here are links to some of the products that I use and they are actually really good and pure. If you don’t have these ingredients you can buy them from the links given below:
So here’s the DIY home remedy to get rid of acne in 3 days, I hope you liked it. Do this DIY and if it helps you do share this post with others as well. If you want me to share any other DIYs with you leave a reply below!